Monday, November 7, 2011

A check-in on the little guy

A lot of you expressed concern over my friend's little guy - justifiably so - and I just wanted to update you quickly on the happenings. The parents are home, but the baby is still in the nursery for monitoring. I'm not entirely sure what is going on - through patchy communications, it appears that he has an IV, is on antibiotics and is getting a lot of blood tests done. I'm not sure what for, but in all honesty, I'm just happy to know that he is in good care in the hospital - and he will stay there for at least another week. I have offered my support and will check in continuously with my friend, and I intend to visit the boy in hospital too. I will find out what is going on with him health-wise. I would also like to speak with a nurse or doctor about my concerns, and inquire about a mental health worker. Apparently, the parents are looking forward to having him home, so I hope that's a good sign. Thanks for all of your thoughts and advice.

Although I'm not sure whether I can continue this friendship long-term, I do feel that I need to be there for the little boy, so for now, my priority is to help and support and cuddle and love.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the little guy is getting the hospital care he needs and that his mom and dad seem more optimistic about his arrival home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update!!! I was wondering about him earlier today :)

    ReplyDelete