Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"Impressive!"

As soon as the image of my ultrasound came up on the screen this morning, my RE said, "impressive!" 

I've got two mother f*ckin' huge ass mature follicles - one measuring at 26 and one measuring at 25. I hadn't tested positive on my OPK, which he thought was a bit odd, considering it looks like I'm raring to go. I triggered in the Safeway parking lot on my way to another appointment. Classy.

My lining is unfortunately not as thick as they'd like, but I pretty much expected that with the Clomid. I'm hoping that it'll be strong enough to encourage one (or two?) wee somethings to stay and implant.

I'm SO happy there is not more than two follicles. I'm fine with twins, not so much with triplets or more (I wrote about my intense fears on The Next Family here).

IUI tomorrow at 11 am, and I am so very excited. Potentially even more so than the first round. Really, is that true? 
I wasn't happy to hear that the clinic is closed over Christmas/New Year, when I would be ovulating next, if tomorrow doesn't work. January we are away, so if we don't get preggers this month, we could potentially have to wait until mid-February to try again. But trying not to go there. I'm feeling good about these happy little eggs.














[image source]


6 comments:

  1. Well look at you growing such lovely follies!!! Woot woot!!! :) Happy insem tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all good. I don't understand how a fertility clinic can be closed. That doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's frustrating. The clinic is actually a hospital clinic (and thus public healthcare... though non of it is for free!) and I'm guessing that has something to do with it. Regardless, it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you and boo for the clinic... I will never understand how fertility clinics, which depend so much on timing, could be closed pretty much ever. It is what it is, I guess, but it irritates me nonetheless. Still, hopefully it won't matter for you because you'll be on to the next big thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like they're ready to go! FX for good implanting!

    ReplyDelete