Thursday, December 1, 2011

Third Time Lucky?

Today went fabulously. Everything about it felt right. We had a new nurse do the insem, who was hilarious (totally not meaning to be hilarious). The staff there are incredible. I have yet to meet someone that hasn't treated us with the utmost care and respect. Pretty cool.

Devon is a crafty woman and presented me this morning with something that she made for me, for today. I've been wanting a type of locket to wear around my neck with something inside that was baby-ish and it's hard to find one. Devon is getting into clay and metal clay and made me this necklace, which is essentially wrapped as a baby blanket with a heart, and inside the blanket, a place for me to put a note to our future baby, and to keep it close to my heart and on my body today. I love it. I have the most amazing wife in the world. 































 I wrote out a little message to the baby and just having it around my neck made me feel so warm about everything.

In the past, the actual procedures have been quite painful, but Devon always just gets me to look at her and looks at me with a calmness and love that I can't even explain. I can't imagine doing this any other way. She's awesome. And today, the IUI didn't hurt at all. Just a wee bit of blood afterwards.

It was quite funny. I have a bladder that I can rarely empty (even if it feels empty) and I have to go pee every hour or two (even through the night). It's a neurological thing that I'm seeing doctors about, but it gets worse when I'm anxious. I was in the IUI room and the nurse entered and I said, "I have to pee again," but I was already naked from the waist down, so I threw a sheet over me and ran down the hall to pee. I kept slipping, thinking I was going to drop the sheet and give the waiting room a show. Luckily, not. Devon totally calmed me down when I got back... she's got a great grounding energy that is so important through this. 

So, here we go into another 2WW. I feel very positive and I hope that stays with me through the wait. I really, really, really, really want an early Christmas present this year. How awesome would that be?

10 comments:

  1. I am sending sticky messages to the universe for you. I have good feelings about this. How many embryos did you place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed!!!! Hoping for a great Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third time lucky sounds like it's off to a good start! And how sweet is your new necklace? Sending up good thoughts and warm wishes for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the locket! I wear the one my wife gave me to every babyish thing we do (well, as often as I can remember) and I'm really looking forward to telling the baby about how the necklace was there through it all. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be awesome...fingers crossed, and what a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, so cute!! My fingers are soooo crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madge - no embryos were placed. It was an IUI, not IVF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad it went well and Devon, huge high 5 to you for making such a lovely, thoughtful surprise gift for Lex. Fingers crossed this TWW flies by for you and ends with the happiness you're looking for :) xo

    ReplyDelete