Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Another year older, another egg dropped

These mid-2WW entries are always the most daunting to write, only because I feel as though I have nothing to say. Not that I always write about TTC stuff, but it certainly is first and foremost on my mind. 

A week has passed since my IUI and so far, I've had no symptoms. My ovaries were killing me since the IUI up until Sunday night and I was going to contact the clinic come in on Monday had the pain not subsided. It was like ovulation pain but worse, and longer, and moved from one side to the other. Thankfully that has passed.

I can't really explain why, but today for about five minutes, I just "felt" pregnant. Whatever that means. It passed quickly, but I took note of it and tried to hold onto it as long as I could. 

March is just around the corner. In March, I turn 32. Birthdays have never really bothered me before (my wife is 40 this year and apparently I am not allowed to complain) but as each birthday number passes these days, all I see is my eggs getting older and this TTC process getting harder. I know that technically, I'm at a pretty decent age to go through this. I just wish sometimes that we'd have gone through this three or four years ago... and that if I was going through the process, it was for a second child. 

Obviously, I wasn't ready three or four years ago, and the present time is the best time for us. We're settled and very ready. We weren't like that a few years ago. Our relationship wasn't as strong and we didn't share the same dreams. Now, we are both on the same page and in a lot better and safer place to do this. It's hard not to see the stats for IUIs change for the worse at age 30, and then again at age 35. Which really means nothing. We have two friends in our city who both got pregnant with their first IUI at the age of 38. I get it, and I know I have to get my head out of the research, and just feel within me that my time will come very soon.

Like next week. Wouldn't that be awesome?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it would be awesome. Just keeping you in the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that 'feeling pregnant' is something you'll get to deal with for months and months! And 32 is still young. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 32 IS young! I'm turning 32 this summer, and my spouse and I are actively trying as well. Keep your chin up, girl! You are meant to be a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so hope that feeling was intuition! Pregnant until proven otherwise!

    ReplyDelete