Monday, April 23, 2012

Today it is!

Didn't expect to have an LH surge on my own, and earlier than usual, but I'm very happy that our IUI is today and not tomorrow! I actually tested positive last night and again this morning, so I'm hoping I don't miss ovulation. I don't have my appointment time yet, but hopefully it'll be no later than early afternoon.

I actually have a monitoring ultrasound scheduled in a half hour, but I think I might cancel it. I feel like I just need to trust that this month is going to work and that the timing is good. I'm not sure I need the extra information just for the sake of having it... though at the same time, when you're spending $1000 a shot, perhaps a little reassurance is worth the discomfort. Ugh, I'm undecided. I kind of want to know how I responded to Femara, but I also know that the gel they use on the dildo cam isn't the best for having an IUI the same day. Maybe I need to let go and let the Universe take care of this one. Plus, why shove two things up my yoohoo today when I can only go with one?

I am hoping that the people at the new clinic are a little gentler than our one nurse at our old clinic who always hurts me.

Yikes, why am I so nervous about this one??

7 comments:

  1. I hope it all goes well. Please come back on and tells us how this clinic treated you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!

    fingers crossed that the experience was gentle (and effective!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the perfect day to make a baby. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I had no idea about the u/s gel + iui = maybe not so great. My doc often did an ultrasound just before insemination.

    Timing sounds good to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete