Saturday, May 19, 2012

Finishing up 5 weeks

On Monday, I'll be 6 weeks pregnant, and I'm still feeling pretty good. I've been SO sick with bronchitis and it's barely now just clearing up, so I'm low on sleep still, but the last few nights, I've been able to grab at least 6 hours a night, which is a huge improvement.

Almost 100% of pregnant people I know/have heard from say that exhaustion is so prevalent in these early weeks. One of the things that has had me wondering is that, despite my lack of sleep, I've honestly had a pretty decent amount of energy, which is weird for two reasons: One, I'm pregnant. Two, my mood usually severely suffers if I don't get enough sleep for three or four nights in a row, not to mention the 16 that I've hardly slept. I know I should be thankful, and I'm sure the exhaustion might hit any minute, but I just find it kind of weird. Maybe because I'm walking on cloud 9?

No morning sickness yet, though there are things that affect me in the moment, like taking out the garbage (had to give up halfway through) and driving past gas stations (I thought my car was going to explode because of the gas smell). I've been cramping everyday, but it's mostly quite minor, except for a few sharp pains that last just a few seconds. My boobs, which I've hardly taken note of my whole life (they stopped growing when I was 11... I've been a small A cup my whole life), are huge. And sore. And huge. They're still tiny to the rest of the world, but I honestly feel like I'm carrying melons. I'm just not used to them.

It's my best friend's stagette this weekend, about a three-hour drive out of town. I decided not to go, so I could finally get over this bronchial thing. I thought about going up tonight for the night, but can't imagine being out until 4 a.m. with a group of really drunk friends, pretending I can't drink because of the antibiotics that I'm (not) on. I'm not ready to tell my friends yet, and as they know we're TTC, they'll be studying my every move. I'm going to drive up at the crack of dawn tomorrow and join them for brunch. It seems silly to drive for 6 hours for a 1-hour meal with a bunch of hungover girls, but she is my best friend, and I feel like I have to do something. I feel awful; as a bridesmaid, I was supposed to be very involved with planning this stagette! Ah well, baby first, right?

We have an ultrasound in less that two weeks at 7 weeks, 2 days pregnant. I can't believe in only 12 sleeps, we get to meet our little blob of a baby!

The subjects on the house get removed tomorrow, so I'll be able to say with 100% certainty that our place is actually sold... I kind of jumped the gun the other day, but it's looking very hopeful.


5 comments:

  1. Ugh, I'm glad you're not tired! I can barely keep my eyes open. And my BOOBS! WTF??? My nipples feel like they're on fire!

    We're still trying to keep things a secret, too, but the really nosy people are trying their best to figure it out. Oh, well. They'll just have to wait until July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following a few ttc and lgbt-baby blogs for a while now, and yours is the first time I've experienced someone actually conceive - it's really blown my mind! Anyway, hope you feel better soon!

    Carley

    www.asummerfullofpeaches.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. In general, I wasn't more tired during the first trimester either. I was more apathetic and didn't care so much about things like cleaning the house, but outside of one day when I napped for an hour in my office, I generally felt just as energetic as ever (or at least not very sapped). So maybe it's just good luck! Hope that your weekend went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeee, i'm excited for the upcoming ultrasound!

    interesting to read about your symptoms. it's been interesting experiencing pregnancy a second time; they've been so different. i had terrible morning sickness with #1, but no real exhaustion. this time, i have constant queasiness, but nothing like the first time, but i am SO tired i can barely keep my eyes open. i took two naps a day this weekend! i guess each pregnancy really is different.

    the boob comments made me laugh, hang on mama, it just gets worse! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great things. So glad you are feeling okay. Normal pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete