Friday, August 24, 2012

Ultrasound results




















So.... here are two pictures of our healthy baby GIRL!

Oh my god, I am so happy. Everything looks good with her. Everything was measuring normal and all of the high risk stuff with anti-depressants in utero that they can see at this point was ruled out (cleft lip/palate mostly).

Baby girl was sleeping the whole time and the doctor had to send me to the bathroom to do jumping jacks to wake her up. It took a while to determine sex, and though her legs were closed and she never gave us the money shot, the doctor kept calling her "her" and "your daughter", so we're pretty confident it's a girl. Not sure whether we'll go for a 3D ultrasound later on to confirm 100%, but something to think about.

I am OVER THE MOON excited that she is a girl. I want to thank everyone for being so honest in your comments the other day about sex preference. I've actually felt a lot of guilt around the preference-for-a-girl thing and was happy to hear I'm not the only one who has struggled with this. You never hear people state a preference, and I get why, but it was comforting to read other people's experiences. Though I'm sure I would have been totally fine with a boy, I've just ALWAYS wanted a girl, from the time I can remember. This is one of the major reasons we wanted to find out the sex, because the last thing I wanted was to have a moment of disappointment right after giving birth. [One of the comments mentioned the Pregnant Women are Smug video on YouTube, which has long been a fave of mine... so funny about the sex thing. Check it out if you don't know it]. However, bring on a boy for #2 if we ever get there!

As I mentioned, we are only telling one person each in real life, so I've already had to be careful about slipping in the pronouns. But it's going to be so awesome for Devon and I to talk to each other about our baby GIRL and I feel like it's going to make it much easier for me to bond (and thank you for those comments/experiences too).

I am SO relieved with the news that she looks healthy and can't believe we get to use the word "daughter". Even if she does look like Skeletor in that face-on shot :)

Wow.


13 comments:

  1. Hurrah! I think girls are awesome (but I'm biased of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, congrats on your healthy baby girl!!! I think daughters are awesome too (and am also biased!) ;-)

    Also, fwiw I definitely had a sex preference the first time around; I think it's very natural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of your baby (girl!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!!!! We just found out that we're having a girl too! I don't know why, I really thought it was a boy so now I'm getting used the idea of a girl.

    I think it's great you're keeping the sex a secret. What a nice surprise for everyone when they get to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. phenomenal news! glad she's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to feel the exact same way. I want a daughter so bad. I'll love a son with all my heart, but want to avoid the initial disappointment that it's not my long-wanted daughter. Congrats on everything going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you. But people have been fooled when they can't see the money shot. I would wait for that as well. But either way the baby is healthy and that is the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS! I just found out my baby is a girl, too! My not-so-secret dream come true!! <3 We are so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! So happy to hear everything is well with your DAUGHTER!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your baby girl! Fern and I had a strong preference for a girl but found that once we were pregnant we cared a lot less. Still, when we found out G was a girl, we were very excited and have loved having a girl so much (though, there really is no difference right now except we put her in dresses).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I had a strong female bias as well, though honestly, I just knew we were having a girl. I was the only one who believed that. In fact, my partner was a little disappointed about Peyton being a girl, but now, she wouldn't want it any other way.

    Having a girl is so much fun! You can do so many things with girls! I am loving every minute of it and I am sure you both will as well!

    ReplyDelete